Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Spotty Internet = Absent Blogger

I have only been on the internet when I can access the internet for more than 20 seconds at a time. About a week ago, my router started doing some odd things and it officially stopped working a few days ago. Last night, my husband went and got us a new router so that I could enter into the world of blogging yet again. Okay, he went to get a new router for more than just that, but I have missed sharing what I've been up to. Unfortunately, that router did not work at all, so about an hour ago, we started the process all over again. I have working WIFI now!

I love to celebrate birthdays! I love to celebrate any occasion, but birthdays are fun for me! My birthday will be here in less than a week, so in the spirit of my birthday, I thought I would share what I have created to celebrate the birthdays of the students I serve! 

I have created two birthday packets. You guessed it! One for boys and one for girls. They are generally the same, just a different color scheme and some different clip art. Essentially, I have created at least 6 different birthday card templates and some lined pages for writing encouragement throughout the year. Along with these, I have created calendars that can be used to keep organized! I am a neat freak and have a very Type A personality, so I write the birthdays on the calendar, put each page into its own plastic sleeve and then focus on the birthday cards. I print out the number I need, cut them to size, fold and laminate. I like to use permanent markers, so I'm able to write on them after laminating just fine! I only choose to laminate because I think they look better than a typical piece of paper folded together. Just a preference! Anyway, once they are laminated, I put the number of cards needed in the sleeve behind the corresponding calendar page. If you are interested you can find them here (for boys) and here (for girls)!

I have also created a listening comprehension activity involving apples. It focuses on WH questions in an fun/interactive way! Best of all, it is FREE! =) You can download it from my TPT store here! Let me know what you think!

One more thing...I have a FB page that you can find if you search Little Speech Corner. I tend to inform those that have liked the page when I have published a new blog post, but recently I have begun to post information about free apps that I believe could be beneficial in the therapy room. Most of the apps are not free for a very lengthy period of time, and some change almost instantly after I post them, but they are free when I post them to the page. If you can use them, great! If you can't, they are free, so you aren't out anything!

Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! It's funny, you kind of take the internet for granted until you DON'T have it. We were without access for almost a week when we moved (other than our phones) and people were freaking out that I hadn't responded to emails fast enough!

    ReplyDelete