Monday, July 9, 2012

A glance into my TPT!

I took a break on my current creative thought to continue completing a task I have been working on for a week, or so, now. The task has been revamping my TPT store. I decided to do this because of the clip-art terms of use and a few pieces of feedback I have received. I have just added a game that I worked on a month or so ago and have just completed my editing on. 


Ack! A Pirate Game for Language



My intentions with this game were similar to the game "Sorry!". Because of all the board games out there, access to game pieces seems to be extremely easy. I hope that is true for you! If not, I have a backup plan!


I created this game with a "home" zone for the pieces to start out in. I recommend that each player maneuver through the game board using the same route. For instance, if your students choose the "long route", then every player should take the long route. This is because the red/green and blue/black colors have similar routes. If you look at the board, the amount of spaces to go around the board is the same for those color pairs, but if all colors are needed, the amount of spaces is not the same. We have to keep it fair! =)


Every piece that lands in the "home" zone safely can be moved to the pirate ship. The player with the most pieces on the pirate ship at the end of a session/game time is the winner. Backup Plan: If you do not have enough game pieces for your players, then I have provided pirates that can be given each time a game piece makes its way successfully around the game board. The player with the most pirates at the end of a session/game time is the winner!


I have created cards for synonyms, categories, and rhyming. All of the cards are able to be printed with answers available, if desired. 


Without answers:

With answers:

Here is a link to my TPT store. Here is a link to the activity. Please let me know your thoughts on this activity! I have some more ideas on cards that could be created if this "game" seems to be of interest to you!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment