Sunday, July 15, 2012

It is finished!

After a long and busy week, I have finally completed the project I anticipated would take only a few days. I am excited with the end result and plan on creating a few more things in the next few days. For now, I wanted to let you see what I have created.


I have created a game board to be used with target cards covering multiple categories. The categories include synonyms, antonyms, homonyms, heteronyms, homophones, inferences, yes/no questions, categories, WH/How questions, cause/effect questions, and expressive language tasks. The game board looks like:
It is a little different than this, but it saved me from trying to copy/paste it all over again to create an image! The changes include changing the Start/Finish to "Go!" and you can see the characters in the rollercoaster cart.


The cards look similar to this:
If you are interested in seeing all of the category options, you can go to my TPT Store and see the preview document.


I have decided that 81 pages of cards was as much as I could take up to this point. I plan on creating some basic concept cards at the request of Deb at SpeechGadget in the next few days. I didn't forget about your request Deb!


A few of the language targets can be found in individual game form on my TPT store as well, if you are interested. At this point it is only the WH question target, but more will be added as the evening continues.


An articulation game is in the making as well! It will hopefully be done in the next few days, but I won't make another promise I can't keep!


Onto the freebie! I have created two activities that allow for sentence creating to take place. One is focused on adverbs and the other adjectives. As you can see, your students can make their way around the activity mat creating sentences. The student with the most accurate sentences, at the end of the session/activity time, is the winner. This is the created for adjectives:


The other activity is a sorting activity focusing on grammar. Sorting areas include: nouns, pronouns, verbs, prepositions, adverbs, and adjectives. Tickets are included with some options for sorting, but I have a few other ideas to provide.
1. Have the students use a dry erase marker and write in the words they can think of that belong in those categories.
2. Have the students formulate sentences that include words in the categories. If you do this, you could have the students each use a different color dry erase marker and they could tally their score along with grammatically correct sentences.





To get your freebie! Click here! I hope you enjoy it! If you have any thoughts/comments/suggestions, feel free to leave them here! I would be happy to know what you think! 

2 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! Thank you for sharing such a great activity!

    -Brea
    Let's Talk SLP
    www.letstalkslp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome, Courtney!

    Jenn :)
    www.crazyspeechworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete