Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A look at my home away from home!

Happy Wednesday everyone! To say I am blessed is an understatement. I am switching school districts this year and have more positives already than I had all last year combined. I spent the majority of my day getting everything moved and organized in my new home away from home. I know fellow bloggers have posted pictures of their lovely spaces, so although it is a work in progress, I thought I would share where I will be spending a large portion of my weeks. 




Forgive the glare in this picture, but this is one of the bookshelves in my room. It is filled with Super Duper products that I can't wait to get my hands on! There are also some Lakeshore Learning games mixed in.


These two cabinet spaces are packed full of Super Duper and Lakeshore Learning products. Consider me excited! The one on the left is much more organized, but there are things all the away to the back of the shelf. I am sure that is how your spaces are too! I tried to keep them as organized by target category as I could, but then it was more of a priority of having it fit! The one on the right is organized on the bottom three shelves, but the top three need a little more help! It will come. 


You can't see the bottom row on this, but you will see why here in a second. This is another area of my room that is now organized. The more I look at these pictures, the more I wonder how long it will stay this organized. My neat freak mentality might have a battle with my exhausted self once the school year begins.


 And here is the mess. This is the reason you can't see the bottom shelf. It's a mess. I am at a standstill at this point because my file cabinet has yet to make it in my room. I am replacing a speech therapist who retired, and she was in a room across the hall. This room is bigger, which is great, but the furniture beyond the shelving has yet to be moved over. Until that happens, the domino effect cannot happen. That means, those file crates in the cabinet cannot be emptied and this stuff cannot be put in a home. Again, it will come in time. I just have to keep reminding myself!

I'm not sure I have a desk. I mean, I have a desk, but I don't really at the moment. Instead it's a shelf. I odn't really have a desk chair yet either. Deep breath in, deep breath out! 


Anyway, here is my space. I couldn't get a good picture of the entire room because there were people in the hallway at the time. Being the new one in the building, I didn't want to display my nerdiness for all to see. They will all be completely aware in time, but for now, I want to appear "normal"!

After I return from a going away party, I will continue my work on my massive project! I hope I can post it tonight! =)





8 comments:

  1. I'm switching schools this year too (within district though). I have all of my stuff moved in, but haven't started to organize yet. I'm taking over for someone who is retiring and left a bunch of stuff, and added to it 12+ years of my own materials. Should be SOOO much fun to organize! Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a lot of stuff in the previous room. I cleared out a lot of dated materials, which allowed for some much needed space. I enjoy organizing, but the multiple days invested gets to be a bit much for me! I'm no where close yet!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. There are a lot of materials. I am blessed to be in a district that supports what we do and understands that that takes resources. I'm also in an ever growing district and funding is available, so they provided me with a decent budget. I left a district that gave me $150 to spend and the only thing I had in the room when I entered was a plastic tub with plastic fruit in it. Did I mention I was in a middle school?! They were not a fan of the plastic fruit. I didn't have articulation cards or anything. I definitely had to find a creative approach to keep everyone (including myself) motivated!

      Delete
  3. Your pictures are great. I don't even have cupboards. My stuff is out in the open on bookcases - I'm hoping to get cupboards soon, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I wonder if those kitchen organizers would help see the things in the back...then it might be easier. I think I would forget what I have and end up not using it. How nice to work for a district that appreciates (and funds) your work... I'm appreciated - but there's not a lot of funding. I look forward to seeing pics of the final room :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it is my early morning brain, but I don't know what kitchen organizers you are speaking of?! =/ Ha! I am worried I will forget the things that are back there, so I have started sorting games (as best I can) by target. I don't know how well that will work, but that's my thought.

      Delete
  4. Courtney,

    Would you have any idea where someone could find the bag display shown in the picture ? The one with all the hanging bags on it ? Much appreciated ! Kristen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would, but I don't know if you can buy them separate from the bags. In fact, I didn't know that would accompany the product. The entire set is from Lakeshore, I believe. I will be in my room today, so if that is wrong, I will come and let you know. I find it extremely convenient!

      Delete